Your new company
A great opportunity has come to fruition to join a well-known developer builder in Wellington, on a luxury unit development. Long-established and a household name in this region, you will be working with a great team who promote a positive work culture, in a desirable location.
Your new role
- To foster a positive site environment whereby team and subcontractors are working together to complete the project on time, on budget, defect free and in a safe and compliant manner.
- Supervise, coordinate and monitor activities and the performance of the Subcontractors ensuring that they are working efficiently, safely and in general accordance with the construction program.
- Plan and organise the efficient use of plant and equipment required to construct the works in an efficient and safe manner
- Schedule and order materials
- Take ownership of building methodology and overall construction program.
- Work with the Project team to ensure the procurement of materials and subcontractors is ahead of program.
- Interface with Project team and sub-contractors to resolve design or documentation problems including ongoing monitoring of shortfalls in documentation and liaise with project team for information and ensure subcontractors understands documentation requirements
- Promote a collaborative culture between company and the subcontractors to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Provide short term scheduling of the site works and monitor with the subcontractors to ensure project milestones are achieved on time.
- Participate in weekly subcontract meetings
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven Industry Experience of at least 5 years (Trade Qualification Advantageous)
- Fantastic work ethic and standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Strong Health & Safety practices
- Experience leading a small team
- Ability to pass a Drug & Alcohol Test
- Working Rights to Work in New Zealand
What you'll get in return
- Full PPE provided
- Upskilling and progression
- Networking Opportunities
- Competitive Salary + Vehicle
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Miranda.Cropper@hays.net.nz , or call Miranda on 02108856062.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.