Your new company
Join a well-respected global material handling equipment company which has enjoyed over 40 years of success in the New Zealand market. The company has a widely distributed sales and service branch network located across the North and South Island locations. The company brand is well-known and respected in the marketplace and is supported by a customer value proposition based on highly skilled staff, quality products, strong service and parts back-up and leading-edge technology.
Your new role
- Proactively contact nominated customers via the telephone initially, followed by email or letter in pursuance of outstanding debts to obtain payment and log call details using a Debtors Tracking System.
- Record and follow-up on customer payment promises to ensure we are actively managing our accounts receivables on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Identifying and report on any potential bad & doubtful debts during the weekly debtor’s review with the Senior Management Accountant.
- Achieve the monthly cash collection target across the assigned debtors within your Trial
- Participate in Debtor review meetings with the Management and Senior Management and proactively contribute to increasing process efficiency and strengthen customer relationships.
- Quantify and report on Bad and Doubtful Debts, or any possible material disputes that will impact the monthly cash collection targets.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum of 3yrs of experience in a Credit Control role
- Tertiary qualification is advantageous
- Full driver's licence
- Competent MS Office with advanced Excel and Word
- ERP experience
What you'll get in return
- Competitive Remuneration
- Great company culture
- Close-knit team
- Permanent stability
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me on 098841544.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.