About the role. We are seeking distribution line mechanics who have experience in the construction, maintenance, repair, and upgrade of distribution networks. The work will evolve around maintaining and repairing overhead and underground power lines and day to day tasks may include.
- erect or replace power poles
- string cables between poles, pylons, and buildings
- install underground cabling
- test lines and circuits
- locate and repair faults
- repair and replace cables
- install electricity transformers
- connect equipment to an electric network
- maintain streetlights.
What you will need to succeed
- Line mechanic EWRB registration.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- understanding of industry safety regulations
- the ability to read plans and maps
- first aid skills, including how to perform cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
What you will get in return
- consistent work (temp and perm available)
- competitive pay
- A role where you can be challenged and supported
- A competitive remuneration package with all gear and equipment provided
- Joining a progressive and reputable South Island organisation.
What you need to do now
For more information on starting date, rates, and any similar positions available, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.