Your new company
A large government agency, with a sizeable IT team is seeking a Solutions Architect to join their team based in Central Wellington
Your new role
My client is looking for a highly-skilled Solutions Architect to join their growing department as they begin a major project, overhauling legacy applications and cloud adoption.
Y ou will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing innovative and scalable solutions for a legacy application overall and modernising them and implementing them onto AWS and Azure cloud.
- Create and oversee solution architecture and design, ensuring designs are suitable, high quality and cost-effective.
- Ensure solution designs are well aligned with the organisation's' strategic objectives
- Ensure solution designs reflect the organisation's information security policy, standards and industry good practice.
- Contribute to the development of information architecture and data models
- Contribute to the development of target state architectures, standards and roadmaps.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with the wider team, business stakeholders and suppliers.
- Support successful project delivery.
- Identify and assist with the management of security and technical risks (particularly with regard to proposed solutions).
- Communicate progress to Portfolio Manager on regular basis.
- Report issues or technical difficulties to Portfolio Manager / Team Leader Architecture as appropriate.
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Experience as a Solutions Architect working on Cloud or Applications projects
- Experience with creating solutions on Azure and AWS Cloud.
- Previous experience working on Java Web Applications
- Strong understanding of micro services and APIs
- Strong knowledge and experience in cloud computing (AWS & Azure), networking, security, storage, backup, disaster recovery, and virtualisation technologies.
- Proficiency in various scripting tools and frameworks, including SaaS, PaaS and IaaS
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
What you'll get in return
My client offer an excellent benefits package, including: Employee Assistance Programmes, Life and Income Protection Insurance, Discounted Health Insurance, Health and Fitness Reimbursement and L&D Opportunities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.