Your new company
A large government agency, with a sizeable IT team is seeking a Tech Lead to work on a high-profile project, based in Central Wellington.
Your new role
I am looking for a Tech Lead, who will focus on the Operations for a major project, and play a key role in improving my client's infrastructure and digital solutions.
You will work closely with senior management as well as in cross-functional teams to understand business problems, and to design and oversee digital outcomes that drive better operational performance measured by business outcomes.
- Provide technical advice to the senior management on the infrastructure and digital solutions
- Provide support to internal teams and shared services, bridging the gap between the technical and translating for non-technical stakeholders.
- Identify and lead improvement in frameworks, processes and outcomes across IT teams and Business units
- Contribute to the development of the IT roadmap that supports the business’ growth agenda and strategy, aligned to our strategic direction and growth plans
- Support and provide input to the implementation of relevant technology strategy
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience In leading IT teams in a business-focused role.
- In-depth knowledge of multiple layers in the technology stack
- A Customer-centric mindset, focused on understanding and engaging customers and Delivering the service experience.
- Strong Commercial acumen - understands business challenges to align technology Strategy with business goals.
- Strong Relationship and communication skills, with demonstrated ability of building Relationships, influencing collaboratively and engaging with Executives, Customers, vendors, partners and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work collaboratively, and take a lead role with stakeholders, building effective relationships and creating strong networks and partnerships.
- Proven hands-on experience of business requirements gathering, data analysis and solution delivery at a senior level.
- Effective organisational and self-management skills, including responsiveness to instructions and management of workload demands.
- A strong customer service ethic with the ability to foster good stakeholder relationships.
What you'll get in return
In return, you will get the opportunity to work on a high-profile project that will real impact within Wellington, as well as having real influence in defining their technology roadmaps and landscape.
Additional benefits on offer include: Health and Wellbeing discounts (including health insurance plans), EAP programmes, Travel perks and extensive support and ongoing training
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.