Trade Promotion Game of Chance Terms & Conditions
- “Competition” Hays FY 20/21 Salary Guide Survey
- “Territory” Australia and New Zealand
- “Promoter” Hays Specialist Recruitment (Australia) Pty Limited
- “Competition Period” 10:00am on 29/01/2020 to 5:00pm on 21/02/2020 (AEDT)
- “Eligible Entrants” Entry to the Competition is open to all participants of the Territory, aged 18 years and over, who fulfil the entry requirements and are not a Restricted Entrant. The entrant is responsible for ensuring his or her familiarity with the terms and conditions at the time of participation.
- “Restricted Entrants” The following are considered “Restricted Entrants”:
- Persons aged under 18 years old;
- Directors, management, employees, officers and contractors (and their Immediate Families) of the Promoter or of the agencies or companies associated with this Promotion are ineligible. “Immediate families” means spouse, partner, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), whether or not they live in the same household as the director, manager, employee, officer or contractor.
- “How to Enter” To enter the Competition, Eligible Entrants must:
- 1. Input their own name and email address into the online survey form
- 2. Answer all questions in the online survey form that are relevant to their job role responsibilities (survey questions split on Q6 ‘In your position are you responsible for hiring staff? Yes/No’)
- 3. Make a single submission of a completed online survey form within the Competition Period described above.
- “Maximum Number of Entries” Eligible Entrants are permitted to submit one (1) entry. Multiple entries are not permitted for this competition
- “Prize” The Promoter will conduct a random prize draw at 10:00am on 26/02/2020 (AEDT) at Level 13, Chifley Tower, 2 Chifley Square, Sydney, NSW, 2000.
- “Prize Draw Details” One (1) winner from the competition will receive a prize to be disclosed and to the value of AU$1000 (RRP). If a New Zealand entrant is the randomly selected winner, their prize will be of an equivalent value (but not less than) in NZ$.
- “Total Prize Pool” Total maximum prize pool valued at up to AU$1000 (incl GST) or of an equivalent value (but not less than) in NZ$.
PART A - INTRODUCTION
1. Information on how to enter and Prize details form part of these terms and conditions.
2. By participating in the Competition, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, the terms and conditions include the Schedule above.
3. Entries must comply with these terms and conditions to be valid.
4. Where there is an inconsistency between the Schedule and Parts A to L of these Terms and Conditions, the Schedule will prevail.
PART B - PRIVACY
5. The Promoter will collect and use each entrant’s personal information for the purposes of:
(a) conducting the Competition (which may include disclosure to third parties for the purpose of processing and conducting the Competition) and for promotional purposes, public statements and advertisements in relation to the Competition;
(b) providing information about the products and services offered by the Promoter and its related companies and its affiliated retailers; and
(c) research to improve its products and services.
6. By entering the Competition, entrants consent to the use of their personal information as described in clause 5.
PART C - WHO CAN ENTER THE COMPETITION
8. If the Schedule permits entrants to be under the age of 18 years, such entrants must seek permission from their parent or guardian to enter. If the winner of a Prize is under 18 years of age, the Prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or legal guardian.
9. Only Eligible Entrants may enter the Competition.
PART D – HOW TO ENTER THE COMPETITION
10. To enter, each entrant must comply with the ‘How to Enter’ section of the Schedule.
11. Eligible Entrants may submit up to the Maximum Number of Entries. If the Schedule permits entrants to submit more than one entry, each entry must be unique and submitted separately.
12. Entries must not have been published or submitted previously or used to win prizes in other competitions.
13. An entry cannot be modified after it has been submitted.
14. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to request verification of the age, identity, residential address or any other information relevant to participation in the Competition of all entrants. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who provides false information or fails to provide information that is reasonably requested by the Promoter.
15. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse to accept entries which are incomplete, indecipherable, offensive, do not comply with these terms and conditions or which contravene any applicable laws or regulations.
16. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who has breached any of these terms and conditions, has engaged in unlawful or improper conduct or otherwise acts to cheat or undermine the fairness of the Competition by, for example, tampering with, or using or exploiting errors in, the entry process to obtain a competitive advantage over other entrants.
17. The eligibility of entries is solely within the discretion of the Promoter.
18. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, misdirected or damaged entries or other communications.
PART E - PRIZES
19. Each Prize is not transferrable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
20. If a Prize is unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of equal or greater monetary value. This right is subject to any applicable legislation, regulations or directions from a regulatory authority.
21. Once a Prize has left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility for the Prize being damaged, lost or stolen.
22. All taxes (excluding GST, if any) which may be payable as a consequence of receiving a Prize are the sole responsibility of each winner.
23. A winner's use of the Prize is entirely at their own risk. Before a Prize is awarded, a winner may be required to sign an agreement to release the Promoter from and indemnifying the Promoter against any liability arising from the winner’s acceptance and use of the Prize and the winner’s participation in the Competition.
PART F - HOW THE WINNER(S) ARE DETERMINED
24. This is a game of chance. The draw/s will be conducted in accordance with the Prize Draw Details. Prize(s) will be awarded to the valid Eligible Entrant(s) randomly drawn in accordance with the Prize Mechanic.
25. The judges' decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
26. The winner(s) will be awarded the “Prize” specified in the Schedule.
27. The total prize pool is specified in the “Prize Pool” section of the Schedule.
PART G - NOTIFICATION AND CLAIMING THE PRIZE(S)
28. The Promoter will provide each winner with instructions on how to claim their Prize. It is the responsibility of each winner to comply with the Promoter’s instructions.
29. The Promoter reserves the right to request each winner to provide proof of their identity and/or proof that they were responsible for the winning entry.
30. It is the responsibility of each entrant to notify the Promoter of any change to their contact details.
31. Winners will be notified personally by email within two (2) working days of the draw and their names will be published on the Promoter’s website (https://www.hays.com.au/competition/HAYS_2024476) on 26/02/2020.
32. If the winner is not present to pick up the Prize, the Promoter will use best endeavours to contact them using the contact details provided by the entrant. In the event that the Promotor is unable to make contact with the winner for any reason within three (3) months from the draw date, at the Promoter’s absolute discretion, the Promotor may determine that the winner is no longer eligible for the Prize.
33. If required, an unclaimed prize draw may take place on 21/05/2020 at 10am AEST at the Promoter’s premises located at Level 13, Chifley Tower, 2 Chifley Square, Sydney, NSW 2000 to award any prizes that are won, but unclaimed, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The winner, if any, will be notified personally by email within two (2) working days of the draw and the winner’s name will be published in a post from the Promoter’s website (https://www.hays.com.au/competition/HAYS_2024476) on 21/05/2020.
PART I – NO LIABILITY
34. Any Prize supplied by a third party supplier is subject to the terms and conditions of that third party supplier. Each Prize may come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. If those guarantees are not complied with, then you will have rights under the Australian Consumer Law. Subject to those guarantees and rights, the Promoter shall not be liable and excludes all liability (including negligence) for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) for damage to property, personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the Competition or the use or taking of any Prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law including as provided for under the Australian Consumer Law.
35. In the event of any dispute regarding the administration, rules, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of the Promoter shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
36. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, The Promoter, its related corporations and associated agencies (and any of their personnel) exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any entrant (including a winner) in connection with any competition, including, without limitation: (i) any indirect, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of the Promoter, its related corporations and associated agencies (and any of their personnel); and (iii) any liability for personal injury or death. No responsibility will be taken by The Promoter or its authorised agents for entries ineligible due to technical reasons or any other reason.
PART J – INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
36. Hays reserves the right to reproduce names, photographs, material, comments, feedback and other identifying information provided by entrants in promotional material including but not limited to website, brochures and other online channels and the entrant provides its consent for Hays to do so.
PART K - TERMINATION OF COMPETITION
37. The Promoter reserves the right to vary the terms of, or cancel, the Competition at any time without liability to any entrant or other person, subject to applicable laws.
PART L – APPLICABLE LAWS
38. This Competition is governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia and the parties exclusively submit to the courts of New South Wales, Australia.
Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/20/41513