Service alert main region content
Beware of recruitment scams known to be targeting jobseekers
Warning signs: how to spot a job or employment scam
- You come across an advertisement, receive an email, SMS or WhatsApp message, letter or phone call offering you a guaranteed income or job.
- A scammer purporting to be a Hays consultant contacts you on a social media or job board platform:
- Warning signs include a suspicious profile image, lack of genuine profile information, activity or contact details.
- If in doubt ask the individual to send you an email from their Hays email address. An email from a Hays consultant will be sent from the official Hays domain e.g. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The message may claim lots of money can be made with little effort using your personal computer, or guarantee large returns.
- The message asks you to provide personal details or a fee for more information about the job or start-up materials.
- You are asked to transfer money on behalf of someone else, which may be money laundering.