How to write a position description main
How to write a position description
Differences between a position description and person specification
Tips for writing a position description
Here are a few tips to help write a position description.
1. Company description
2. Overview of the job
- Do you need a specialist in one particular area or someone who has varied skills in several areas?
- What specific duties and tasks will your new hire perform? If you can, quantify each duty and responsibility.
- What key objectives must be achieved?
- What resources, budget or staff will the new hire be responsible for?
- If you are replacing a departing employee, do you want to expand or change certain aspects or responsibilities of the job?