Hays Journal - Main Region
Hays Journal Issue 20
Diversifying diversity, securing talent, how can business hold on to an agile mindset after the pandemic — these are just a few of the topics covered in Issue 20 of our Hays Journal, our award-winning publication featuring expert insights from McAfee, Rathborn Brothers and the World Economic Forum.
What is the Hays Journal?
Hays Journal is our publication providing global insight and news for HR, recruitment professionals and hiring managers on the ever-changing world of work.
A few of the articles from Issue 20:
This article explores how organisations can ensure that the innovative mindset they gained by necessity during the Covid-19 pandemic becomes a permanent part of their culture.
- While an organisational culture that promotes change and innovation can be necessary to survive economic challenges, it can also give businesses a competitive edge when things are more stable.
- An organisation’s ability to respond quickly and effectively will deliver real competitive advantage in a post Covid-19 world.
- Ultimately, one key way to nurture an innovative mindset is to ensure that if and when you reverse changes, this is not seen as a step back. Not every new idea will always be a success – give people the freedom to fail.
The Covid-era cohort of school and university leavers are facing unique career challenges. What role can employers play in helping the next generation take the first steps of their career journey?
- If organisations want to attract young talent, they need to better understand what the next generation is looking for in an employer.
- Young employees coming into an organisation want to feel that their personal career growth is supported and that they are provided with opportunities to learn new skills and gain experience.
- It’s crucial to build a strong employer brand. Next-generation candidates gravitate toward career opportunities that strike a strong work–life balance and offer a sense of purpose.
NZ Hays journal form new
Download your copy of the Hays Journal
Enter your details below to download a copy of the Hays Journal: