Account Executive Jobs | Main Region
Account Executive Jobs in New Zealand
What does an Account Executive do?
What skills does an Account Executive need to have?
Account Executive job responsibilities
- Discuss objectives and meet the needs of the client through ongoing consultation
- Work with colleagues to devise a campaign which meets the client’s needs factoring in budgets and time constraints
- Deliver presentations about business plans, products or campaigns to prospective and existing clients
- Achieve set sales targets and manage the sales cycle
- Generate leads and attract prospective clients through networking
- Brief creative teams especially if you are working in the advertising industry
- Provide ongoing support to clients, with the goal of developing a strong rapport and creating positive brand awareness
- Resolve conflict if the client raises any concerns or issues
- Negotiate contracts and agreements
Skills and experience employers are looking for
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Negotiation and conflict resolution
- Excellent understanding of CRM software such as Salesforce
- Collect, analyse, and present campaign information
What type of employers hire an Account Executive?
Account Executive qualifications
- Some Account Executives will hold a Bachelor’s Degree in advertising, communications, commerce, accounting, or marketing.
- Higher School Certificate
- Fluency in MS Office
- CRM knowledge
How much does an Account Executive earn?
How to become an Account Executive in New Zealand
- Bachelor’s Degree in advertising, communications, commerce, accounting, or marketing depending on your chosen industry is advantageous.
- Industry experience especially in sales is viewed upon favourably.
- Work on your core skills including communication, time management and negotiation.
- Knowledge of CRM software such as Salesforce.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
3 stack promo block NZ Jobs | TS
Search for jobs
Find permanent job opportunites with Hays.
Find tempoary or contract jobs with Hays.
We can provide you with fast, easy access to job opportunities.
View templates and tips to help you start your job search journey.
Access expert advice for all stages of the job hunting process.
Master the art of job interviews with helpful articles and tips.
Tools & Resources
Simplify your job search by setting up a Hays job alert.
Find out if you're earning the salary you deserve.
Sign up to get expert career advice delivered to your inbox.