Entry Level Banker jobs NZ | Main Region
Entry Level Banker jobs in New Zealand
What does an Entry Level Banker do?
What skills does an Entry Level Banker need to have?
Entry Level Banker job responsibilities
- Provide effective customer service and support through a variety of channels including phone, email, and database systems
- Administrative duties including documentation review, filing, scanning, data entry, account maintenance, and reporting
- Review customer policies and documents including applications
- Conduct outbound calls to gather information or promote products and services
- Perform financial transactions for customers including deposits, withdrawals, ordering cash and loan payments
- Maintain a keen interest in industry with respect to products, services, policies, and compliance
- Display excellent communication and time management skills
Skills and experience employers are looking for
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Conflict resolution
- Familiarity with banking products, policies, and procedures
- Knowledge of banking computer systems and software programs
What type of employers hire an Entry Level Banker?
Entry Level Banker qualifications
- Those with a Bachelor’s Degree in business or finance will be viewed upon favourably
- Previous industry experience Customer service/support experience
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Knowledge of banking systems and software
How much does an Entry Level Banker earn?
How to become an Entry Level Banker in New Zealand
- A finance or business-related Bachelor’s Degree is the ideal stepping stone for an entry level role.
- Industry experience within banking or finance is viewed upon favourably.
- Work on your core skills, especially communication, time management and conflict resolution.
- Experience using banking software such as Oracle and CRM platforms.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
3 stack promo block NZ Jobs | TS
Search for jobs
Find permanent job opportunites with Hays.
Find tempoary or contract jobs with Hays.
We can provide you with fast, easy access to job opportunities.
View templates and tips to help you start your job search journey.
Access expert advice for all stages of the job hunting process.
Master the art of job interviews with helpful articles and tips.
Tools & Resources
Simplify your job search by setting up a Hays job alert.
Find out if you're earning the salary you deserve.
Sign up to get expert career advice delivered to your inbox.