Loan Officer Jobs | Main Region
Loan Officer Jobs in New Zealand
What does a Loan Officer do?
What skills does a Loan Officer need to have?
Loan Officer job responsibilities
- Effectively complete the initial screening process and evaluate the eligibility of an applicant
- Provide information about loan products, lending criteria, credit guidelines, and documents needed for pre-approval
- Assess critical financial documents and determine the credit worthiness of an applicant
- Answer and resolve customer loan enquiries
- Assist in choosing the right loan product and mortgage terms which best suit the needs of the borrower
- Complete all relevant paperwork
- Liaise with other lending professionals including loan processor, underwriter, and credit analyst
- Justify reasons for approval/rejection and where necessary advise on how potential borrowers can improve their credit rating
Skills and experience employers are looking for
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent understanding of loan products and industry rules and regulations
- Expertise in using banking or mortgage/loan computer software
What type of employers hire a Loan Officer?
Loan Officer qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Business or Accounting
- Certificate IV in Mortgage Broking or Finance, or a Diploma in Finance & Mortgage Broking would be advantageous, but is not essential
- Higher School Certificate
- Knowledge of banking and mortgage software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
How much does a Loan Officer earn?
How to become a Loan Officer in New Zealand
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business or Accounting.
- Certificate IV in Finance or Mortgage Broking is advantageous.
- Qualifications in Conveyancing practices are desirable.
- Industry experience is crucial with many employers requesting financial sector or mortgage lending experience.
- Work on your core skills, especially attention to detail, time management and communication skills.
- Knowledge of banking and mortgage software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office