Loan Officer Jobs | Main Region
Loan Officer Jobs in New Zealand
What does a Loan Officer do?
What skills does a Loan Officer need to have?
Loan Officer job responsibilities
- Effectively complete the initial screening process and evaluate the eligibility of an applicant
- Provide information about loan products, lending criteria, credit guidelines, and documents needed for pre-approval
- Assess critical financial documents and determine the credit worthiness of an applicant
- Answer and resolve customer loan enquiries
- Assist in choosing the right loan product and mortgage terms which best suit the needs of the borrower
- Complete all relevant paperwork
- Liaise with other lending professionals including loan processor, underwriter, and credit analyst
- Justify reasons for approval/rejection and where necessary advise on how potential borrowers can improve their credit rating
Skills and experience employers are looking for
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent understanding of loan products and industry rules and regulations
- Expertise in using banking or mortgage/loan computer software
What type of employers hire a Loan Officer?
Loan Officer qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Business or Accounting
- Certificate IV in Mortgage Broking or Finance, or a Diploma in Finance & Mortgage Broking would be advantageous, but is not essential
- Higher School Certificate
- Knowledge of banking and mortgage software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
How much does a Loan Officer earn?
How to become a Loan Officer in New Zealand
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business or Accounting.
- Certificate IV in Finance or Mortgage Broking is advantageous.
- Qualifications in Conveyancing practices are desirable.
- Industry experience is crucial with many employers requesting financial sector or mortgage lending experience.
- Work on your core skills, especially attention to detail, time management and communication skills.
- Knowledge of banking and mortgage software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
3 stack promo block NZ Jobs | TS
Search for jobs
Find permanent job opportunites with Hays.
Find tempoary or contract jobs with Hays.
We can provide you with fast, easy access to job opportunities.
View templates and tips to help you start your job search journey.
Access expert advice for all stages of the job hunting process.
Master the art of job interviews with helpful articles and tips.
Tools & Resources
Simplify your job search by setting up a Hays job alert.
Find out if you're earning the salary you deserve.
Sign up to get expert career advice delivered to your inbox.