Loan Processor Jobs | Main Region
Loan Processor Jobs in New Zealand
What does a Loan Processor do?
What skills does a Loan Processor need to have?
Loan Processor job responsibilities
- Conduct phone interviews with prospective clients to evaluate their eligibility for a loan
- Manage and process loan applications and documents from lodgement through to settlement
- Answer and resolve customer loan enquiries
- Build client relationships through regular updates and communication
- Complete administrative tasks such as data entry, filing, background research and property valuations etc
- Prepare and manage documentation for existing and new loans, making sure the required documentation has signatures in place for submission to the Underwriter for approval
- Work and liaise with client, brokers, loan officers and underwriters
- Adhere to legal requirements and ensure compliance in the loan application process
Skills and experience employers are looking for
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced mathematical and numeracy skills
- Excellent understanding of financial software
What type of employers hire a Loan Processor?
Loan Processor qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Business or Accounting
- Certificate IV in Mortgage Broking or Finance, or a Diploma in Finance & Mortgage Broking would be advantageous, but is not essential
- Higher School Certificate
- Financial software knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
How much does a Loan Processor earn?
How to become a Loan Processor in Australia
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business or Accounting.
- Certificate IV in Finance or Mortgage Broking.
- Industry experience is crucial with many employers requesting 2-4 year’s experience in the financial sector.
- Work on your core skills, especially attention to detail, time management and communication skills.
- Knowledge of financial software, especially CRM and databases
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with a high level of expertise in Excel spreadsheets.