Personal Banker jobs in New Zeland | Main Region
Personal Banker jobs in New Zealand
What does a Personal Banker do?
What skills does a Personal Banker need to have?
Personal Banker job responsibilities
- Provide effective customer service and expert financial advice through a range of channels including phone, email, live chat and database systems
- Build long-term relationships and drive sales activity by informing customers of the available bank products which meet their financial needs
- Educate customers on the effective ways and channels in which they can bank
- Drive cross-selling opportunities and track conversions
- Conduct outbound calls to promote and sell products and services
- Process applications on savings accounts, personal loans and credit cards
- Handle customer complaints in an effective and timely manner
- Update account information of clients and perform other administrative duties
- Forward on any enquiries to the relevant department such as mortgage enquiries to the mortgage specialist
- Display sound communication and effective conflict resolution skills
Skills and experience employers are looking for
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Conflict resolution
- Comprehensive knowledge of banking products, policies, and procedures
- Proficiency with banking computer systems and software programs
What type of employers hire a Personal Banker?
Personal Banker qualifications
- Those with a Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business or accounting will be viewed upon favourably
- Previous industry experience in the banking sector
- Experience in consumer lending Customer service experience
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Knowledge of banking systems and software
How much does a Personal Banker earn?
How to become a Personal Banker in New Zealand
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business, accounting or similar will be advantageous
- Industry experience within banking or finance will be beneficial
- Work on your core skills, especially communication, time management and conflict resolution.
- Experience using banking software such as Oracle and CRM platforms.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
3 stack promo block NZ Jobs | TS
Search for jobs
Find permanent job opportunites with Hays.
Find tempoary or contract jobs with Hays.
We can provide you with fast, easy access to job opportunities.
View templates and tips to help you start your job search journey.
Access expert advice for all stages of the job hunting process.
Master the art of job interviews with helpful articles and tips.
Tools & Resources
Simplify your job search by setting up a Hays job alert.
Find out if you're earning the salary you deserve.
Sign up to get expert career advice delivered to your inbox.