Credit Analyst Jobs | Main Region
Credit Analyst Jobs in New Zealand
What does a Credit Analyst do?
What skills does a Credit Analyst need to have?
Credit Analyst job responsibilities
- Analyse financial statements and data to determine the level of risk when giving credit
- Provide analysis and recommendations about the ability of an individual or organisation to meet and honour their financial obligations
- Review credit limits of existing customers
- Contact third parties when gathering credit information about customers
- Fill out and submit loan applications for approval
- Measure risk by using computer and statistical models
- Prepare reports on customers with loans that are outstanding
- Stay-on-top of any changes in legislation or regulations for giving out credit to customers or organisations
- Effectively communicate with internal and external parties
Skills and experience employers are looking for
- Great attention to detail and due diligence
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Advanced mathematical and numeracy skills
- Excellent understanding of financial software
What type of employers hire a Credit Analyst?
Credit Analyst qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Commerce or Accounting
- Completing the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program will enhance job prospects
- Higher School Certificate
- Financial software knowledge
How much does a Credit Analyst earn?
How to become a Credit Analyst in New Zealand
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, Commerce or Accounting.
- Certificate IV in Finance or equivalent.
- Industry experience is crucial with many employers requesting at least three year’s experience in a lending institution.
- Work on your core skills, especially attention to detail.
- Knowledge of financial software would be beneficial, especially statistical models.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with a high level of expertise in Excel spreadsheets.
3 stack promo block NZ Jobs | TS
Search for jobs
Find permanent job opportunites with Hays.
Find tempoary or contract jobs with Hays.
We can provide you with fast, easy access to job opportunities.
View templates and tips to help you start your job search journey.
Access expert advice for all stages of the job hunting process.
Master the art of job interviews with helpful articles and tips.
Tools & Resources
Simplify your job search by setting up a Hays job alert.
Find out if you're earning the salary you deserve.
Sign up to get expert career advice delivered to your inbox.