Health & Safety main
Work Health & Safety
At Hays, the health, safety and wellbeing of all employees is our number one priority. We are committed to doing all that is reasonably practicable to ensure that our places of work, including those workplaces relating to our temporary workers, are safe and without risk to your health, safety and wellbeing.
For Hays temporary employees we will ensure that, where relevant:
- You are qualified and experienced to conduct the work that you are about to undertake
- You successfully complete a Hays WHS induction
- The host employer has safe systems of work
- We will conduct a site specific task/activity risk assessment
- You will receive specific information relating to the job
- You are provided with a host employer site specific induction
- You will receive a phone call from your Hays consultant on your first day with the host employer
- You will receive regular contact from your Hays consultant throughout the duration or your assignment
- You will have the means to report any safety issue or injury to Hays
Report a safety issue or injury
For any safety issues or injuries, freecall Australia 1800 786 057 or New Zealand 0800 562 669 (select option 4).
If your call is unanswered, please leave a message with the following information and one of our Health & Safety representatives will be in touch as soon as possible:
- Your name and contact number
- Your location and employer site
- Details of the issue or injury
Health & Safety lower promo blocks
Find out about eye safety to lower risk of injury whatever your circumstances in the workplace.
Using protective clothing and gloves to stay safe at work is crucial. Learn how with Hays.
Spotted something at work that doesn't feel right? Learn how to address this correctly.
Line of fire injuries
Discover helpful tips for not putting yourself directly at risk of harm as a temp or contractor.
Understand how to lift and carry large and heavy objects in the workplace to minimise risk of injury.
Learn how to work with mobile plant machinery to ensure your health & safety is not at risk.