Insurance Broker jobs in New Zealand | Main Region
Insurance Broker jobs in New Zealand
What does an Insurance Broker do?
What skills does an Insurance Broker need to have?
Insurance Broker job responsibilities
- Discuss insurance needs with prospective clients and collect necessary information
- Research and investigate the available policies from the different insurance companies which meet the requirements outlined by the client
- Negotiate with underwriters to get the best insurance policies for clients
- Excellent communication skills via multiple mediums including phone and email
- Present policy details to the client and file the paperwork
- Risk management
- Collect and calculate premiums
- Maintain communication channels with prospective and existing clients
- Act as an intermediary between the client and the insurer
- General administration duties
- Comply with legal requirements
Skills and experience employers are looking for
- Analytical thinker
- Great attention to detail
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Advanced mathematical and numeracy skills
- Excellent understanding of commercial insurance products and policies
What type of employers hire an Insurance Broker?
Insurance Broker qualifications
- Tier 1 in Insurance Broking
- A minimum of three year’s experience in Insurance Broking is a common requirement
- Higher School Certificate
- Broking Software knowledge such as Sunrise Exchange
How much does an Insurance Broker earn?
How to become an Insurance Broker in New Zealand
- Tier 1 in Insurance Broking.
- Industry experience is almost mandatory with many employers requesting at least three year’s experience in Insurance Broking.
- Work on your core skills, especially those relating to communication and negotiation. These are considered essential when dealing with all parties including clients, insurers.
- Knowledge of Broking software such as Sunrise Exchange would be advantageous.
- Extensive knowledge of insurance products along with policies and their components.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
3 stack promo block NZ Jobs | TS
Search for jobs
Find permanent job opportunites with Hays.
Find tempoary or contract jobs with Hays.
We can provide you with fast, easy access to job opportunities.
View templates and tips to help you start your job search journey.
Access expert advice for all stages of the job hunting process.
Master the art of job interviews with helpful articles and tips.
Tools & Resources
Simplify your job search by setting up a Hays job alert.
Find out if you're earning the salary you deserve.
Sign up to get expert career advice delivered to your inbox.