Insurance Broker jobs in New Zealand | Main Region
Insurance Broker jobs in New Zealand
What does an Insurance Broker do?
What skills does an Insurance Broker need to have?
Insurance Broker job responsibilities
- Discuss insurance needs with prospective clients and collect necessary information
- Research and investigate the available policies from the different insurance companies which meet the requirements outlined by the client
- Negotiate with underwriters to get the best insurance policies for clients
- Excellent communication skills via multiple mediums including phone and email
- Present policy details to the client and file the paperwork
- Risk management
- Collect and calculate premiums
- Maintain communication channels with prospective and existing clients
- Act as an intermediary between the client and the insurer
- General administration duties
- Comply with legal requirements
Skills and experience employers are looking for
- Analytical thinker
- Great attention to detail
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Advanced mathematical and numeracy skills
- Excellent understanding of commercial insurance products and policies
What type of employers hire an Insurance Broker?
Insurance Broker qualifications
- Tier 1 in Insurance Broking
- A minimum of three year’s experience in Insurance Broking is a common requirement
- Higher School Certificate
- Broking Software knowledge such as Sunrise Exchange
How much does an Insurance Broker earn?
How to become an Insurance Broker in New Zealand
- Tier 1 in Insurance Broking.
- Industry experience is almost mandatory with many employers requesting at least three year’s experience in Insurance Broking.
- Work on your core skills, especially those relating to communication and negotiation. These are considered essential when dealing with all parties including clients, insurers.
- Knowledge of Broking software such as Sunrise Exchange would be advantageous.
- Extensive knowledge of insurance products along with policies and their components.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.