HR Administrator | main region
HR Administrator jobs in New Zealand
Creating a productive work culture
Find my next HR Administrator job in New Zealand
Your HR Administrator job questions, answered
What does an HR Administrator do?
What skills does an HR Administrator need to have?
- Proficient computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work with all levels of employees and staff members, including those inside and outside of the HR department
- Ability to maintain connections with relevant external parties such as recruitment agencies
- Excellent communication skills
- Administrative skills from an HR or related background
- Ability to manage their time effectively across multiple projects and role deliverables
What qualifications does an HR Administrator need to have?
- Certificate IV qualifications in Human Resource Management or a related field
- Proficient knowledge of employment law and compliance requirements for employees and employers
- Strong communication skills
- Organisational approach to all work and tasks on a day to day basis
What is an HR Administrator's job description?
- Evaluating resumes and CVs before recruiting new employees
- Liaising with staff members to ensure all HR related needs are met
- Applying onboarding programs to train new employees
- Communicating with external partners and agencies on administrative matters such as insurance coverage or visa applications
- Ensuring legal compliance in business HR operations
- Providing general HR support to all employees
- Posting and distributing information about new jobs for hire
- Performing general ad hoc and administrative tasks
- Processing and recording HR documents in internal databases on relevant employee information
- Analysing and recording HR metrics regularly
- Completing business objectives with the HR department
Are there lots of HR Administrator jobs available right now?
What is the career path of an HR Administrator?
What is the salary of an HR Administrator in New Zealand?
What technical and soft skills do an HR Administrator need?
What type of employers hire HR Administrators?
- Local government
- Financial services
- Government organisations
- Private education establishments
- Human resource departments within companies across all industries
What technologies do HR Administrators use?
How to become an HR Administrator in New Zealand?
3 stack promo block NZ Jobs | TS
Search for jobs
Find permanent job opportunites with Hays.
Find tempoary or contract jobs with Hays.
We can provide you with fast, easy access to job opportunities.
View templates and tips to help you start your job search journey.
Access expert advice for all stages of the job hunting process.
Master the art of job interviews with helpful articles and tips.
Tools & Resources
Simplify your job search by setting up a Hays job alert.
Find out if you're earning the salary you deserve.
Sign up to get expert career advice delivered to your inbox.